Mark Your Calendars! Our 2017 ACE Awards Are On August 7th!
Click HERE to Learn More!
IN THE PRESS
- “The best bag candy straddles the high-low divide by being kitschy and irreverent. “Lately, these charms have gotten bigger, bolder,” Karen Giberson, president of the Accessories Council trade group, told Bloomberg.” - Quartz Media, December 2016 -
- “One’s look is just not finished without jewelry! From statement pieces to dainty pieces, jewelry tells a story and speaks volumes about your personality. From trendy fashion to statement couture pieces, jewelry allows one to express her personality. I like to mix it up and change it often.” - Karen Giberson, JCK Insider, May 2016 -
- “The retail landscape is changing rapidly, and competition is everywhere. It’s a good time to question everything you are currently doing and challenge yourself to make changes, test new ideas and ways of selling. The old way of doing things won’t cut it going forward.” - Karen Giberson, JCK Insider, May 2016 -
- “Custom and customized jewelry is very hot right now,” Karen Giberson, president of the Accessories Council in New York, said, “and we see it continuing. It appeals to the desire for something unique, individualized and thoughtful.” - The New York Times, November 2016 -
- “Students of the Accessories Design at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) just got a souped-up new classroom, courtesy of The Doneger Group and Accessories Council, who raised funds… ” - Accessories Magazine, December 2016 -
- “To meet the challenges of uncertainty and consumer resistance, the council holds round-table workshops to help members brainstorm solutions” - WWD, July 2016 -
- “It is an honor to be recognized by the Accessories Council for our influence on fashion and style in the industry…Thank you, Accessories Council, for putting an exclamation mark to the show of a lifetime.” - Dan Lawson, August 2016 -
- “… this is the Accessories Council- a community of my creative, brilliant peers and mentors….” - Jennifer Fisher, August 2016 -
- “Thank you to the Accessories Council for this honor. Your dedication and support for emerging brands and accessories like my own means that designers have the resources they need to be successful as they develop” - Paul Andrew, August 2016 -
- “Accessories Magazine popped into another Accessories Council event at 8am…and there was Karen [Giberson], bright and chipper!” - Accessories Magazine on the Summit, November 2016 -