One Week Until The ACE Awards!
We are thrilled to be one week away from our ACE Awards! Don't miss the chance to celebrate these twelve amazing honorees.
IN THE PRESS
- “Remember those old Casio watches with all the buttons?” said Karen Giberson, president of the Accessories Council in New York, recalling Casio’s early digital models with stopwatches and alarms. “They weren’t pretty. Today women are looking for something more fashionable.” - The New York Times/ October 29, 2014 -
- “Runway fashion was very, very minimal,” said council president Karen Giberson of the Nineties, noting there weren’t a lot of accessories being shown. “At that point, accessories brands and manufacturers all said, ‘If we’re not going to be on the runways, maybe there are some creative ways we can promote our categories on our own.’ The council was founded with the mission to promote our members and ultimately help sell more products.” - Womens Wear Daily/ October 27, 2014 -
- “Hair jewelry has emerged as a retail category in recent years with other jewelers such as Larkspur & Hawk, Anne Woodman, and Deepa Gurnani all expanding into the area. “I like that hair is having a moment. It’s exciting for brands such as Colette Malouf and Evita Peroni. It can be a challenge for retailers because there’s not always a natural shelf space,” says Karen Giberson, president of the Accessories Council.” - The Hollywood Reporter / May 10, 2014 -
- “Karen Giberson, president of the Accessories Council, a national trade association, has worn glasses since she was 12. "I have to wear them. I can't see. I can't drive. I can't do anything, so why wouldn't I take the same time and energy that I put into dressing that I use to pick an item that I wear on my face," she said.” - Star-Telegram / February 3, 2014 -
- “This year mark's the 20th Anniversary of the Accessories Council (AC), a non-profit trade organization that raises awareness of the accessories industry. According to the AC website, the accessories industry generates over [$50.8] billion dollars annually in the United States alone-- that's a lot of hats and handbags.” - Parade.com / February 5, 2014 -
- “"For pieces that you will have for ages, choose great quality and collectibles," says Karen Giberson, the president of the Accessories Council. She's currently crushing on colored metals, which have the ability to lift one's mood.” - RetailMeNot / February 21, 2014 -
- “"Too much of a good thing isn't a good thing," says Karen Giberson, president of the Accessories Council. "Sheer can be anywhere from pretty, fresh and stylish to trashy."” - Daily News / February 23, 2014 -
- “Jill Haber's passion for design was sparked early on, thanks to plenty of perusing through her grandmother's fashion treasures. After a successful career in advertising and book publishing, Haber finally launched her exotic skin handbag collection, and is already a member of the illustrious Accessories Council and counts Brooke Shields and Alyssa Milano as fans.” - Bella NYC / March 25, 2014 -
- “"They are a versatile and practical item in addition to just being pretty," said Karen Giberson, executive director of the New York-based Accessories Council, which last week featured three scarves in its Mother's Day event.” - Philly.com / April 16, 2014 -